Wednesday, October 2, 2013

        Today was our first test day for labs. We made the peanut butter cookies and the lemon pound cake once again to show just how much we have learned over these past four weeks. My cookies turned out very nicely (they weren't very hard to mess up) and taste delicious! I tried very hard to get this lemon pound cake right. The last time, I accidentally undercooked the centres of the cakes and the tops collapsed consequently. So I made sure my every step was done carefully and without error. I almost under-creamed the butter and flour mixture, but luckily noticed and corrected my mistake. I kept wanting to take the cakes out of the oven, but I had to stop myself and be patient. Once I was absolutely sure they were baked through, I took them out and they were perfect! I was so pleased!! My instructor seemed happy with how my two recipes came out, so I hopefully did well! In addition to these two recipes, we also made a quick sponge cake for our test day on Friday. It turned out nicely and should be good! We will be decorating this cake on Friday as well as make some other things.
I don't have any pictures for today seeing as I've made these already, and they look the exact same as before :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment