Sunday, October 27, 2013

My break is now over, and it's back to routine tomorrow! While I had some time off, I did a little baking. I made a Mexican Chocolate  Twist loaf, ginger molasses cookies and chocolate pumpkin cookies. The chocolate loaf was really good! Plus, it was something new and challenging for me, so it was fun. I also made an extra one to keep frozen for Christmas. I have made the pumpkin cookies before, and they turned out great the first time, so I wanted to try them again. They tasted really good, the pumpkin and chocolate combination is uncommon but really tasty! They have more of a "cakey" texture, so are like whoopie pies. Ginger molasses cookies are one of my favourites, so I was looking for a really good recipe. I found a new recipe to try, and they turned out great! Mmmm....they were good. Tomorrow, labs start up again and although I'm not sure what it is we will be making, I'm sure it will be good!
Here is a photo of the Mexican chocolate twist loaf... I don't have pictures of the cookies.


1 comment:

  1. It was not only beautiful, it was delicious! Terrific with coffee as it is not too sweet. I believe I ate half that loaf!
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete